Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Tooting Tummy may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
▪ If you create/register an online account with Tooting Tummy, purchase a product, or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, blood group and credit card information.
▪ When you share your content with family and friends using Tooting Tummy’s products/recipes, send gift certificates, or invite others to join you on Tooting Tummy’s forums, Tooting Tummy may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
How we use your personal information
▪ The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Tooting Tummy’s latest products or recipes, announcements, offers and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by unsubscribing from our mailing list.
▪ We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our services, content and advertising.
▪ From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Tooting Tummy, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
▪ We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Tooting Tummy’s products, services, and customer communications.
▪ If you enter into a contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
▪ We work closely with certain non-profits such as the Mumbai Thalassemia Society & other blood banks to help facilitate potential donors to donate their blood to patients. These organisations contact us at times of emergencies. If we find that your blood group matches their requirement, then we may encourage you to donate blood & help save a life. However, you may opt-out of such notifications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
▪ We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, location, and the time zone where Tooting Tummy’s services are used so that we can better understand customer behaviour and improve our products, services, recipes and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies, check with your browser provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of Tooting Tummy’s website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behaviour on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Tooting Tummy may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on Tooting Tummy’s website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Tooting Tummy may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Tooting Tummy to provide products and services, or that help Tooting Tummy market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Tooting Tummy to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Tooting Tummy shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering recipes/services to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Tooting Tummy to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national/international security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users.
Protection of Personal Information
Tooting Tummy takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Tooting Tummy’s online services and website use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages especially where personal information is collected. To make purchases, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
When you use some of Tooting Tummy’s products/services, or applications or post on Tooting Tummy’s blog or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a blog posting, that information will be public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 14. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 14 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
To provide location-based services on Tooting Tummy’s services, we and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Tooting Tummy and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Tooting Tummy’s websites, products/services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Tooting Tummy’s employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.